Monday, January 25, 2010

Remembering Esme

Just under a year ago our friend's daughter was murdered. It was horrible and the saddest I've ever felt in my entire life. I am amazed at Esme's beautiful parents and how they've been carrying on. On Sunday, I attended a choir performance which they helped to organize. It was powerful. There were four groups singing with carefully selected songs and selected poems were read throughout, including two of Esme's. This was one of many fundraisers that have been created by a wonderful community of people here who want to help remember lovely Esme and celebrate her spirit. Part of the goal is to create a glass sculpture that will hang in the lobby of the School of Creative and Performing Arts, the high school Esme attended. There is another fundraiser planned for this weekend at the Northside Tavern. Attend if you can and support this wonderful memorial. Details for this event can be found here.

No comments: