Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Banjo Lesson


Andy got me a few banjo lessons for Christmas and I started my first one last night. I'm studying with Jeff from the Comet Bluegrass Allstars. Let's hope he's a patient teacher because I don't know a thing. We are starting from scratch here. This week I'll be practicing 4 rolls and trying to wrap my head around keys and tuning. Jeff makes it all look so easy. He's confident enough that I'll know a few tunes after a few weeks. So maybe Andy and I'll be playing Wildwood Flower by the Carter Family together someday after all.

3 comments:

Dana said...

That's exciting, Colleen. I sometimes entertain the thought of getting banjo lessons my own self. Maybe you will inspire me. Have fun.

Jeanne said...

Good luck Colleen! We look forward to a performance! ;)

ervin houston said...

I hope to make a quick visit up there in April and will enjoy hearing Wildwood Flower!!