Well, my 2nd banjo lesson was tonight and to my surprise, after demonstrating my first roll for my teacher, I was informed that I was playing the tablature upside down. So after practicing for 7 straight days, I am now starting over.
Yeah Dane, I know. I sure wasn't laughing at the time. But I definitely see the humor in it. Everything was backwards - my thumb was where my middle finger should've been and vice versa. I kept reaching my middle finger up to the very top string (5th string) with my pinky anchored down below the 1st string which is actually hilarious now that I know how ridiculous that is. It sounds a bit better now too. HA!
I can't believe we spent HOURS together today and I TOTALLy forgot to ask you about your b lessons!!! I wish you would have brought it over to play for Lia. How fun. Can't wait to hear more and looking forward to hearing you play. Love, Jeanne
4 comments:
That is really really funny.
Yeah Dane, I know. I sure wasn't laughing at the time. But I definitely see the humor in it. Everything was backwards - my thumb was where my middle finger should've been and vice versa. I kept reaching my middle finger up to the very top string (5th string) with my pinky anchored down below the 1st string which is actually hilarious now that I know how ridiculous that is. It sounds a bit better now too. HA!
I can't believe we spent HOURS together today and I TOTALLy forgot to ask you about your b lessons!!! I wish you would have brought it over to play for Lia. How fun. Can't wait to hear more and looking forward to hearing you play.
Love,
Jeanne
Also sorry about your mix up! LOL
Post a Comment