We got to travel through Asheville on our way home from Savannah and visit our dear friends Jude, Paul and their beautiful daughter Sylvia. We also saw our good friends Laura and Eduard, with whom we rung in the new year! It was a fun time. I snapped a few pictures in the morning on New Year's Day. What amazes me about Jude and Paul is how creative they both are. Every time we visit there is so much more to see around their incredible home. They are both wonderful artists and inspire us deeply. A nice way to start out the new year, indeed. For instance, here is a lovely pocket calendar Jude made. Inside each pocket is a handwritten note with an activity for their family to do to make each day special during the holiday season.



Paul is a collector. I imagine him constantly tinkering outside 'working on his chores' but secretly he is doing a bit of this and a bit of that. He is constantly adding to his landscape and coming up with innovative uses for discarded materials. In their yard are many bicycle wheels, gardens planted in sinks, and the like. He also owns his own painting company and one thing he never throws away is paint lids. Here is a great example of his work, a grand arch of paint lids over a beautifully painted metal gate. Below are pavers in the new patio, all various manhole covers from the local scrapyard.



Paul, Jude and Sylvie. We love them!!!

5 comments:
I love those guys too and love being in their domain. I'm so sorry I missed the visit- heard from Laura that the boys got a little rowdy. Sounds like a fun one. I really hope to see you nex time. ps I think I will be traveling through Cincinatti next week with my mom. I'll call you if I can talk mym mom into stopping for a meal...
Dana
Stop! Please do stop! We would love to see you! Happy to cook up something. That would be so fun!
Love,
Colleen and Ando
Yes they are great.
Eduard.
We love them, too! Thank you for the beautiful pictures of their wonderful home. I know that they enjoyed your visit.
awww, i wish i could've been there. it's fun to see friends' lives through the eyes of other friends.
(emily)
p.s.--the security word verification down below is "emmul"--how funny.
Post a Comment