Monday, February 21, 2011

New Bicycle!

I can't really think of anything better to buy than a new bicycle. Well new is a relative term - new to me. This is a 30-year old bike that I bought off of craigslist. I am actually so glad that I didn't buy a new bicycle because most of them are not that well made and are overpriced. My friend Scott found this beauty on craigslist in California and my friend Erin picked it up and shipped it on a Greyhound bus all the way from San Jose. Greyhound is the most economical way to ship something big and heavy like a bike. It was a quarter of the cost of other shippers and it only took a week to get here. It's really fun to get a call from the bus depot that your package has arrived. I was jumping up and down and got there as fast as I could. For anyone interested this is a mixte bike. The maker is Holdsworth in England and the frame is a Mistral - the Lady Mistral, I think. From what I've ready the Lady Mistrals were only made from 1982 - 1984. If anyone wants to go for a bike ride just let me know. I am keen to ride as much as possible.

No comments: