At this year's tuber brunch we didn't take many pictures. But here are a couple. We gave out hand knitted groundhog finger puppets.
I wish a had pictures of all of the beautiful food. This party brings out everyone's creativity and all of the food is just delicious. I think it gets better each year. I could go on and on about the food... daikon radish pancake, sweet potato gnocchi, Phil's amazing 8-layer beet cake, black radish watercress sandwiches and so much more. Above, a chocolate ginger cheesecake decorated with real carrots.
And I am always amazed and awed by my creative friends and family. Each year it seems I get a few special handmade gifts. The banjo of course was incredible! My dad wrote and illustrated a book about Lia and I and Groundhog Day which is so, so sweet. And Sarah had this amazing groundhog hand towel embroidered!
No comments:
Post a Comment