What made even more funny to me is that the tune is some old-time song we used to sing in Wayne Erbsen old-time singin' class at WWC. I'm desperately trying to remember the words so I can share the title. But alas, no luck. It will probably hit me in the middle of the night. one line ends in something, 'never to return, when the old man died.' or something!??
It kind of reminds me of 'My Old Kentucky Home', which we also sang, and I thought that was funny too.
Hey Laura, That is amazing you recognize the tune and sang it back at WWC. I wish I took that old time singing class with you! Is the title 'My Grandfather's Clock'? I'm not familiar the song and would like to hear the lyrics sometime. - Colleen
3 comments:
I like his smug, satisfied look before the final slide. This is good entertainment.
YES. Dane is right.
What made even more funny to me is that the tune is some old-time song we used to sing in Wayne Erbsen old-time singin' class at WWC. I'm desperately trying to remember the words so I can share the title. But alas, no luck. It will probably hit me in the middle of the night. one line ends in something, 'never to return, when the old man died.' or something!??
It kind of reminds me of 'My Old Kentucky Home', which we also sang, and I thought that was funny too.
Maybe you already know it??
either way still funny.
Hey Laura, That is amazing you recognize the tune and sang it back at WWC. I wish I took that old time singing class with you! Is the title 'My Grandfather's Clock'? I'm not familiar the song and would like to hear the lyrics sometime. - Colleen
Post a Comment