Last weekend we celebrated the first weekend of May by driving down to the mountains about an hour outside of Asheville to visit our friend Dana's new home! This trip was long overdue. We've been watching and admiring Dana's progress on her home from afar. I wrote about her and posted some pictures here but unfortunately I never did make it to any of her wonderful work parties. So it was high time to get down for a visit and her big housewarming party was the perfect occasion.
Dana erected a large maypole for the occasion. It was perfect. There's our friend Jude with her daughter Sylvia and papa Paul down below.
Lovely Dana Dee next to the maypole.
Our friend Eduard attempted to smoke a chicken underground on a bed of hot coals.
Three hours later it was still raw. But Eduard is the best fire tender we know and he had the chicken cooked in no time. And here, behind Eduard is a picture of Dana's beautiful new home.
Sitting around with a excellent string band playing on the porch. Dana knows how to throw a great party!












1 comment:
Thank you for calling my home happy! That is my wish. I am so honored that you made the trip down to warm the house, bless the farm, and partake in the communion of friends and family. I consider it an extra extra blessing that you and Jude and all the children were there, if you know what I mean... Thank you! Susie and I were singing your praises the next day- she thought you were the bomb, and I assured her she was right.
Post a Comment