This weekend John and I picked up our bees and installed them in their new home in Kentucky!
Above is the traditional Langstroth hive. This picture is after the bees were placed inside. There is a mason jar feeder with sugar water and the container with a few straggler bees is propped up to coax them inside the hive. Below is the picture of the same container full of bees, about 3000 in total.
Here I am slowly lifting the feeder out of the container. I have already taken the queen out. Next step is the bang the package against the ground and turn it over into the hive, trying to knock all of the bees out and into their new home. It is tricky to get them all out, especially for a beginner!
![]() |









2 comments:
I LOVE THIS! I've always dreamed of keeping bees. Incredible!! You look lovely as a bee keeper!
This is fantastic Colleen! What a fun new project for you both!
Post a Comment