Friday, October 10, 2008

I Have to Tell This Story

So yesterday, when we were sitting on the steps of the Pavilion at Ault Park, there were some boys playing by the fountain.  One boy leaned over the fountain to take out some pennies or dimes or whatever he could grab.  The other boy, who was smaller than him and super cute with longish hair said, "Hey! You can't do that! You can't steal peoples wishes!"  They bickered a bit. I think the bigger boy said "Why?" And the little guy actually said this - "What if that wish was for Obama to be President!" 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love this story! I just shared your blog with Brenda and she said she loved your pictures: Scotland, wedding & Obama. And she mentioned your wish story so I had to come and read it after you telling it to me tonight. What a beautiful, hopeful moment between such young people - the FUTURE of AMERICA!!! :)