This must be one of the easiest liquors to make. It's a good thing we don't have a lemon tree in our back yard or we'd be making this all the time. We are trying two different recipes for comparison sake. One is lemon peel steeped in 100 proof vodka. The other is lemon peel steeped in everclear at a whopping 190 proof. Can't wait to do the taste test!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dearest of neighbors ... the recipe made with Everclear is lethal.
Trust me on this ... Jim and John made it after their trip to Italy. They served it to us at their home out in Fairfield ... I have absolutely no memory of the drive home. Truly .... none :-)
I have cut it with citron flavored Vodka in the past, and the result will still render your face numb!
We made this a few years ago for Christmas. I couldn't get over how absolutely BRIGHT YELLOW it became, almost neonlike. So tasty!
Been missing you. Meaning to call all these nights but so exhausted by the time Sylvie goes to bed. Maybe we can catch up over the holidays. Love to you both!
Let us know how it turns out! At least the ever clear one won't freeze! ;) I've been making it for years (but it seems to last just as long) and I've only been disappointed that mine doesn't do so well in the freezer b/c I think it's best super chilled. Can't wait to taste them.
Post a Comment