The Crescent Beach Hotel has always been one of my families favorite restaurants! Not for the food but for the ambiance. We visit every time we are in Rochester but it is most spectacular at Christmas. The staff start decorating on Sept. 1 and are finished by Thanksgiving. That is more than two and half months of work. They wrap each branch of each tree with lights and the effect is marvelous. They add more decorations each year. There are train tracks laid around the inside perimeter of the restaurant. There are mechanical reindeers inside. It is truly a winter wonderland. If I tried to document all of my favorite decorations there were be well over 50 pictures here. I've never even tried to take any pictures in the past because pictures just can't capture the magic of the place. However I thought I might as well take a couple this year.

This is the famous stage where Andy sang karaoke in front of my family. When it's not Christmastime, of course the stage doesn't look like this and there is a wonderful dance floor below. Andy had a couple of drinks to work up the courage and sang Bob Dylan's 'Lay Lady Lay' dedicating it to me. It was really quite something.








1 comment:
Reading your blog makes me miss you guys all over again! I hope we can do christmas together again sometime soon.
Post a Comment