Saturday, May 16, 2009

Down Goes the Hackberry - Make Way for the Victory Garden, Recession Garden, etc.


Thanks to our neighbors Raven and John Bear, we will be able to grow a large vegetable garden on the plot below their yard and it will now have full sun.

The Hackberry came down in less than 2 hours. A crew of 4 or 5 guys working with a lift, a crane and a chipper had it down, cleaned and hauled away in no time. 
The Plot before today - overgrown with poison ivy, honeysuckle and more.

Now, the plot still needs a bit more work but we made some good progress. I hope we both aren't covered in posion ivy! If we are, I guess it will be worth it. We are excited to be able to grow more food.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Nice! Although I hope you don't get poison ivy!

Colleen and Andy said...

We both got poison ivy on our arms so far. Maybe it won't show up anywhere else? Here's hoping.

Sarah and Jake said...

I get poison ivy just looking at it from a distance. Hope you didn't get it too bad. Anyway, what a project! Looks like you did an amazing job. We'll walk over soon to see the fruits of your labor!