Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Whale of a Good Time


Thanks to our friends and family for a totally amazing party. We definitely felt like we were in a sea of love for baby Houston! The party was just like our wedding, complete with a photobooth! We had so much fun.  A huge thank you to our incredible hosts Tamara, Pam and Sarah!









Thanks to Nana and Gogo for making the trip all the way from Georgia to join the party!


Thanks to Phil for smoking fish - Salmon and Trout - yum!


A whale piƱata filled with bottles of liquor, salt water taffy and golden coins.





Ando even wore a whale sweater for the occasion


A canoe filled with gifts!



Our friend Julian was a great help, carrying each gift to us, one by one.





Girl or Boy? Vintage whale outfits that Sarah found for the occasion!


 A silkscreening station to print onsies!



 

Whale shadow puppet centerpieces




A name suggestion box since we are still undecided on names


Adorable whale cookies and cupcakes





Apple Blubber (Butter) Favors

5 comments:

Alex Houston said...

Love love love. So sorry we missed it!

Dana said...

Well hot damn! yall know how to throw it down for a little one! I am dreadfully disappointed to have missed that one- I usually try to avoid baby showers like the plague (although I love babies and children of course) but I like it very very much when people shake it up a bit. Who did your whale desserts? I like that the pinata had liquor in it- and the onsies are so awesome I could just squeeze into one myself. Anyhoo, suffice it to say, looks like it was a pretty bitchin shower. When is the baby due to emerge? (Laura and I were speculating the ohter night at Paul Dixon's 40th). Love to all 3!

Colleen and Andy said...

Baby is due November 2nd - All Souls Day! We are excited to see if our baby comes early or late or right on time!

Dana said...

Perhaps if (she) is a she and is born on (her) due date you will consider the name Alma, to encourage (her) to always remember her alma.

Colleen and Andy said...

Thanks Dane! We like the name Alma and we'll keep it in the running!! Great suggestion!