Thursday, August 25, 2011

Earthquake?


The earthquake that centered from a fault line over Mineral, Virginia was felt here in Cincinnati by many. However Andy and I did not feel it at all. So I was wondering if we are not as sensitive as some to the earth's vibrations? Then it came up in conversation with a friend who suggested it may be because we are air and water signs. Maybe you feel the earth quake more intensely if you are an earth sign? Makes sense. Just curious about other's take on this?

5 comments:

Dana said...

Very poetic understanding. However, I would tend to believe that elemental disposition of the individual would be one of many factor contributing to how one experiences life on this earth at any given moment. For example, perhaps what you or Andy experienced during the quake was something like the sense of protection and stability offered by a solid building, or the overpowering vibration of an automobile, or even something as simple as focused concentration on your work. This brings up the thought to me that there are so many things in any given moment to be consciously aware of- what is going on right now that I am aware or not aware of? I didn't feel the quake either, though some in Asheville did. I am in the earth sign of Taurus.

Colleen and Andy said...

Well put D. I am a pisces and yet those last two tsunamis? Didn't feel a thing. Didn't see it coming. WTF

Colleen and Andy said...

last comment by ando. and this one too.
-a

Dana said...

I like those diagrams, though, Ando.

Raven~ said...

Ando,

I'm a Scorpio, JohnBear is an Aquarius - another air and water couple.

But, I've been in several earthquakes, and I can assure you that water signs feel the earth move just as much as their earthly neighbors.

Up here at UC Libraries, no one felt nuthin'; next door to you in Northside, JohnBear too was unaware until I called to ask him.

Our experience of the quake was other people's pics and stories.